Home water damage
When disaster strikes in your home, it is essential to be safe when dealing with damaged items in your household. Here are a few tips on what to do and what not to do in the face of water damage.
The effects of water damage in someone’s home can both be controlled and worsened depending on the actions taken. Here are a few tips on how to safely control the situation before help arrives:
- Remove any undamaged items away from the contaminated area
- Prop up any upholstery items to avoid further damage
- Place aluminum foil or blocks of wood under wood furniture to prevent damage to personal items
- Stay out of rooms that have sagging and wet walls
Here are a few tips as well on what not to do in a water damage emergency:
- Attempt to remove water using personal vacuum or hepa-vac
- Refrain from leaving any paper items on wet surfaces such as books or magazines
- In the affected water area, do not use any electrical outlets or appliances
- Leave standing water alone for an extended period of time as it could cause mold to grow
If there are any questions, or if you have water damage, call SERVPRO of Bear Creek at (281) 463-9800.