Fire and Smoke Damage
After a fire, smoke damage can wreak havoc in your home or commercial property. Kitchen flare-ups, closed fireplace flues, and electrical fires can send smoke throughout your house, charring walls, covering everything, and not to mention the smoky smell. The longer you let smoke and odors linger, the more they soak into walls, carpets, and furniture. Once the fire’s out or the flue is open, ventilate the house as quickly as possible to mitigate smoke damage. Open doors and windows, and turn off HVAC systems to avoid further spreading smoke. Call us, SERVPRO of Bear Creek! Let our professional and certified staff in Fire Restoration do the dirty work of ventilating, vacuuming, and deep cleaning.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins SERVPRO of Bear Creek will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – (281) 463-9800 or check us out online at SERVPRO of Bear Creek.