Home water damage
When disaster strikes in your home, it is essential to be safe when dealing with damaged items in your household. Here are a few tips on what to do and what not to do in the face of water damage.
The effects of water damage in someone’s home can both be controlled and worsened depending on the actions taken. Here are a few tips on how to safely control the situation before help arrives:
- Remove any undamaged items away from the contaminated area
- Prop up any upholstery items to avoid further damage
- Place aluminum foil or blocks of wood under wood furniture to prevent damage to personal items
- Stay out of rooms that have sagging and wet walls
Here are a few tips as well on what not to do in a water damage emergency:
- Attempt to remove water using personal vacuum or hepa-vac
- Refrain from leaving any paper items on wet surfaces such as books or magazines
- In the affected water area, do not use any electrical outlets or appliances
- Leave standing water alone for an extended period of time as it could cause mold to grow
If there are any questions, or if you have water damage, call SERVPRO of Bear Creek at (281) 463-9800.
With spring break just around the corner, it is imperative that you and your home stay safe should you have to vacate due to vacations and the like. Mother Nature can strike at any time and the professionals at SERVPRO of Bear Creek are ready to respond 24/7. Here are a few tips on how to ensure your home's safety.
Tips to prevent water damage;
- Turn off the water supply line
- Check for cracks in pipes
- Inspect the hot water heater for rust or a tear in the line
- Check for wet dry wall that is “hanging” or “dripping”
Tips on preventing mold from growing after water damage;
- Do not attempt to dry water with a vacuum cleaner or fan
- If mold has grown, do not attempt to remove the mold as it could lead to the growth of more mold and illness to you
- Mold can grow within 24 of water damage
The professionals at SERVPRO of Bear Creek will be ready for any call at any time of the day. Have any questions or have damage in your home, call us at (281) 463-9800
Tips to prevent water damage and mold
The damage of water can leave devastation in its wake creating what seems like an endless amount of damage. But if not handled correctly, mold damage that can be even more dangerous. Here are a few tips and pointers on how to protect your home from water damage and the growth of mold.
When using everyday appliances such as sinks, toilets and showers, it is important you as a homeowner understand the early signs of leaks or the growth of mold. If inspecting a shower or bathtub, look for soft spots or cracks that may indicate a leak or a growth in mold. When inspecting sinks, check the water supply or drain pipe for any signs disjointed pipes.
To further ensure the safety of your home, here are more short tips on safety with mold and water damage:
- Ensure you know where the water shutoff valve is
- Mold will start to grow within twenty-four hours of water damage
- If water heater is more than fifteen years old inspect it to make sure there is no rust damage or leaks coming from it
If your home has mold or water damage call us at (281) 463-9800
Fire damage services
No matter what season it may be, fire damage can always be a cause of damage to your home or property. If your home was effected by fire damage and soot, SERVPRO of Bear Creek has the equipment and professional technicians ready to respond to any situation. If your home has been damaged by fire or soot, here are a few tips on how to minimize the damage.
- Do not attempt to wash carpet or upholstery with shampoo as it could only smear or stain the soot.
- Do not try to clean clothes in a washer as it could set a smoke odor in them.
- Limit movement of items in your home to prevent the movement of soot around your home
- If you have aluminum foil or small wooden blocks, place them under furniture legs to prevent stains
If you have been effected by fire, call SERVPRO of Bear Creek at (281) 463-9800
SERVPRO Fire Damage
As an individually owned franchise, we understand how important it is to keep your business running at its primal capacity. That is why SERVPRO has a
1-4-8 service response guideline to ensure fast response time.
This stands for within one hour from notice of loss we will contact you and arrange for service
Within four hours we will be on site to start the mitigation service.
Within eight business hours, a verbal briefing of the job we will perform is communicated to the appropriate person on site.
*Exceptions may apply such as a local catastrophe or storm conditions.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Bear Creek are available 24/7 ready to respond to any situation. If your home or business has been effected in any way such as fire, storm water or document drying call us at (281) 463-9800
Being in the middle of the holiday and away from your home, it is important to know the dangers that mother nature can throw at you or your home.
Even during the coldest time of the year, mold can still be a potent problem from causes such as a pipe freezing and bursting. As mold can grow as quickly as twenty four hours after a water loss has occurred, it is important to know the damages that can occur in your home this season.
Here are a few steps that can prevent water damage from occurring in your home should you leave for holiday.
Turn off the water to your home: Depending on the home, there might be a master valve next to or behind your home that can shut off water flow into your home.
If you do have water or mold damage, call SERVPRO of Bear Creek at (281) 463-9800 for restoration cleanup.
Storm damage remediation
SERVPRO OF BEAR CREEK IS READY TO ANSWER THE CALL 24/7
On the call 24/7:
Mother Nature can strike at any time and leave devastation in its wake which is why it is extremely important to be faster to the job, the lesser the damage, less money out of your pocket!
Resources to handle a storm event:
Receiving storm and flood damage is a very stressful time. Our crews here at SERVPRO of Bear Creek understand that and are all veterans of storm events from not only responding to the Houston area, but from responding to events out of state as well! And with this experience comes the know-how and understanding of getting the job done “Like it never even happened.”
Have storm or flood damage? Don’t wait, call SERVPRO
24 Hour remediation services
SERVPRO OF BEAR CREEK IS READY TO ANSWER THE CALL 24/7
On the call 24/7:
As an independently owned business ourselves, we understand that business continuity is extremely important and that every hour lost is a customer and revenue lost. And with our highly trained and certified technicians, we can prevent loses such as water damage and mold from being a long-term problem to your business. Being that we are a 24-hour franchise, we have a flexible schedule to work around time strains you may have.
We have the experience and the technology needed to solve any problem. If your business is damaged by water, fire or any other forces of mother nature, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Bear Creek!
Damaged wooden floors
Wood floors look good in almost any home. But when mother nature strikes or some kind of accidents happens, your wooden floors are damaged and in some cases can be restored. Here are some facts on your hard wood floors should they become damaged by water.
- How to tell if it is damaged
- If there are black marks and stains along the edges of the wood and is caused by the growth of mold
- If there are humps or bumps along the floor. This is caused by water damage cupping your floor making it rise
But before you call SERVPRO, it is extremely necessary that you find the cause of the loss, should it be from a water damage. Here is a picture of an example of how we can make it "Like it never even happened."
Specialty drying mats make a huge difference when attempting to save solid wood flooring after water damage. SERVPRO of Bear Creek has this equipment on its trucks!
Water damage remediation ready
SERVPRO OF BEAR CREEK IS READY TO ANSWER THE CALL 24/7.
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Bear Creek has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. 24-Hour Emergency Service, Faster to Any Size Disaster, Highly Trained Restoration Technicians, A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry, Locally Owned and Operated, and Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment.
Why you can't let standing water stay in your home.
Within 24 hours
- Drywall begins to swell.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- An odor is created
- Stains are made
Within one week
- Mold begins to grow
- Metal begins to rust
- Wood floor swells and warp
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
With the Christmas season here, pipes may freeze and burst causing more water damage
If at all possible, don't wait until it's too late; Call SERVPRO